Saturday, March 19, 2011

Ch. 2 ~ School, oh School.

"Belle, wake up, sweetie," Amelia whispered, and I rolled over. She frowned, and poked my leg.
"Noooo!" I moaned, putting the pillow over my head. Amelia sighed, and crossed her arms in front of her chest.
"Don't make me get Mickey in here, he'll jump on you," My mother warned, and I sat up.
"I'm up, I'm up!" I said, throwing my hands in the air. "Why do you even wake that kid up, if he doesn't go to school?"
"Because, he likes to be up when we're up. Now come on, you have school," She said, and closed my door.

Normally, I'd be all pumped on a school morning. I'd wake up, shower, eat, brush my teeth & hair, and I'd be out the door. But today I went as slow as I possibly could. I was never the new student, so I had no idea what I was in for.
After my quick shower, I ran downstairs for food. "What's with the eggs?" I groaned, and Lucas, who was sitting at the table, reading a newspaper, sighed.
"Since when don't you like eggs?" He asked, and I frowned.
"Since, forever. Maybe if you paid attention to me, you'd realize what I like, and don't like. You should've made pancakes, Dad. But oh, wait! Kylee doesn't like pancakes, so we can't have those!" I shouted, and stormed into the bathroom.
"Control the temper!" Amelia shouted.
"Shut up!" I spat back, and slammed the bathroom door closed. "Maybe if you were expected to make a bunch of new friends in a new town, then you would understand," I muttered under my breath. When I emerged from the bathroom, 30 minutes later, Lucas and Amelia stood there, unhappy expressions.
"You owe you're father an apology," Amelia said sternly. I narrowed my eyes at her.
"For what? Everything I said was true. I bet he doesn't even know my birthday, full date," I said, switching my glare to my father.
"I-," He began, then he sighed. "I'm not dealing with you right now," Lucas said, rubbing his head.
"Good, because I didn't need my time wasted on you anyways!" I shouted, grabbing my bag and storming out of the house. Amelia was right on my trail, however, and she grabbed my shoulder before I could make it to the truck.
"What the hell has gotten into you? How dare you speak to your parents like that!" My mother shouted, and I rolled my eyes.
"Oh, I don't know, maybe the fact that I had to leave my whole life behind! And it's not like I can drive 30 minutes to my friend's house, no. It's like a 8 hour drive, mom. 8 hours!" I said, staring at her. Amelia sighed, but kept her hand on my shoulder.
"Look, I'm sorry about leaving you're friends behind. You weren't the only one, okay?"
"But you're OLD! Old people don't go over each others houses, or have sleepovers! They just talk whenever they somehow bump into each other at the grocery store!" I shrieked, pushing her hand of my shoulder. "Just let me go to school," I muttered, and jumped in my truck before she could say anything else.
My old truck sputtered to life as I put the key in the ignition. I rolled down the window and hung my elbow out, and breathed the cool morning air. As I rolled to a stop at the stop sign, I noticed another car behind me. It was a stunning black jeep, and sitting in the drivers seat was none other then Samuel.
"Oh, god," I muttered, realizing that he'd see me in this old crap machine.
'Just keep driving, pretend he's not there!' Spencer cried in my head, and I frowned. It was true. I was going insane.
I quickly headed towards the school, and felt relieved when Samuel turned down another street.
"Where is he going?" I said quietly to myself, and I parked my truck. It was none of my business, but the kid was missing school. I don't even think Maria knew that her son was ditching. I felt a pang of sympathy for Maria, realizing she had no idea how bad her child really was.
"Hey baby, you new here?" A voice called out from my window, and I jumped. Standing inches away from my rolled down window, was a scary looking kid. And by scary, I mean ugly.
"Aw, don't be afraid!" He shrieked, in the most annoying voice.
"I'm not afraid," I said slowly, staring at him, "You startled me. And how long have you've been standing there exactly?" I snapped.
"Oh, long enough, baby," The boy said, with a grin.
"Don't call me baby, you hideous gorilla-like boy. Now please step away from my truck, before I beat you to the ground with the baseball bat in here," I said calmly, staring at him with large eyes.
"Well, I am Ricardo, doll face. And I seriously doubt you'd take me to the ground," Ricardo laughed.
"I'm not kidding about the bat," I said, and with all my force, swung the door open so it hit him.
"Ouch! Hey, that wasn't very nice!" He pouted, rubbing his knee.
"Well, I politely asked you to step away, you didn't, I threatened, you didn't budge, so then I hit you with my door. Now, if you do not leave me and my truck alone, I will get the bat, and I can swear on my life I will beat you to the ground with it. I don't care if I get suspended or expelled on my first day here. So, please walk away," I spat, slamming the door of my truck.
"Fine, damn. But mark my words, this won't be the last time we see each other!" Gorilla boy shouted, and ran off into the large crowd near the front door.

No comments:

Post a Comment