Friday, March 18, 2011

~The Beginning~ Introduction

I was born in Springfield, Illinois. A cool summer day; June 8th, 1994. The time was about 9:00am, and I couldn't ask for a better time, and day. My mother, Amelia Waters, was painting before she went into labor. She was painting a cherry tree, which are my favorites.
"Oh, Lucas!" She moaned, clutching her stomach, where I was wriggling with excitement. It was time. "I think my water just broke, honey,"
"What?!" Lucas screamed, running into the living room. "Okay, stay calm, STAY CALM!" He was at his wit's end, and he started running about the house.
"Honey, I'll be in the car," Amelia said, and slowly climbed in the front seat.
***
8 hours later, I was the wriggling bundle of joy in my mother's arms.
"I'm calling her Belle," Amelia said. It wasn't an option, my mother usually got what she wanted. And this, was a fact.
"She's amazing," Lucas whispered, looking at me gently. My big, gray eyes stared up at him in wonder, but then I realized how tired I was. My eyelids felt like 10 pounds, then 40, then 90, then.. I was out.
When I was finally brought home, it was quite surprising. I wasn't so needy, like all the other babies. I slept when my parents slept, woke up between 3-6 am for a bottle and a diaper change if needed, and I hardly wailed. This, of course, led my parents to believe that having children wasn't so bad as they thought. But I was a miracle, of course, so when they had Mickey, my 4 year old brother, and Kylee, my 6 year old sister, they were dead wrong.
I was 11 when Amelia gave birth to Kylee, and I swear to god that kid could not stop crying. I don't know why they didn't stop there, but then came Mickey, when I was 14. Kylee was only 3 then, so I was in hell. A living hell, with a newborn and a toddler who both needed Mommy & Daddy. Needless to say, I was forgotten.
Until Kylee turned 5, and I turned 16. I got my license, and a small, blue truck.
"Mommy, I want a truck!" Kylee protested, as I ran towards my blue beauty.
"Mom, I love it!" I shouted, and smiled, realizing if I got angry I could just get in, and drive away.
"You're welcome! And Kylee, shush! Go inside and play with Barry," My mother said, referring to Kylee's hamster.
But when the end of September rolled around, we moved. My mother made us move to Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. And that, was when my life ended.

No comments:

Post a Comment